JOIN WWW.ANY-BODY.ORG IN CENTRAL LONDON AT ***2PM SUNDAY THE 11TH OF FEBRUARY 2007*** - THE FIRST DAY OF LONDON FASHION WEEK. WE ARE HAVING A FUN *FLASH* PROTEST, TO TELL THE FASHION INDUSTRY WE WANT MORE DIVERSE BODY SHAPES REPRESENTED ON THE CATWALK. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT IN LONDON, TAKE PART AND SIGN THE ON-LINE PETITION THAT WILL BE ARRIVING ON SITE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!
WHY WOULD I BOTHER?
IF YOU HAVE EVER FELT LIKE CRAP GOING INTO A CHANGING ROOM AND FINDING NOTHING FITS
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS AN EATING PROBLEM
IF YOU ARE SICK OF YO-YO DIETING AND WANT TO SPEND YOUR ENERGIES ON MORE WORTHWHILE THINGS
IF YOU HAVE EVER FINISHED READING A FASHION MAGAZINE FEELING DEFLATED AND UGLY
IF YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO YOU WANT TO GROW UP TO LOVE HER BODY
IF YOU ARE A MODEL WHO HAS BEEN TOLD SHE HAS TO LOSE YET MORE WEIGHT
IF YOU ARE SICK OF HAVING THE FASHION INDUSTRIES DICTATE HOW YOU SHOULD FEEL ABOUT YOUR BODY
…IF YOU HAVE EVER FELT ANY OF THIS THEN FOLLOW THESE 10 SIMPLE STEPS TO GETTING A BODY YOU LOVE :
- Download and print off the body banners here
- Pierce holes where marked at the top of the 'BURN YOUR BMI' page
- Pierce holes in one other page of your choice
- String together to create your very own sandwich board, with 'BURN YOUR BMI' at the front, and phrase of choice for your back
- Alternatively create your own phrase for the back
- On the first day of London Fashion Week, Sunday the 11th Feb 2007 meet at 2pm on the corner of Cromwell Rd, and Exhibition Rd SW7 5BD, outside the Fashion Week tent/Natural History Museum
- As the clock strikes 2pm put your body banner on!
- Photographers will be there to take a group shot, one from the front and one from the back and the whole event will be filmed
- Bring everyone you know, forward this email on, put it on your website. This needs to be BIG!
- This happening is a chance for everyone to talk back to the fashion industry, and to tell them while we love fashion we also want more diversity on the catwalk. If enough of you come the fashion and media industries will sit up and take notice. It's your chance to talk back to those industries that are always talking to us. Be a part of female history and ***Make Body Hatred So Last Season***